Welcome to MELCC!
Malvern Early Learning and Childcare Centre is a community run service combining early education and long day care. Managed by parents and run by educators, we hold the children and their families at the centre of all that we do. That’s why we maintain low child to educator ratios and seek out the best staff. Being not for profit means that all fees go back into enhancing the centre and your child’s learning and play experience.
Our programmes include, Babies, Toddlers, 3 year old kinder and 4 year old kinder, open 7:30AM to 6PM.
Why choose MELCC?
Caring for children in Malvern/Armadale since 1975
- Small, homely environment
- Caters for a total of 35 children from babies (6 weeks) to Kindergarten
- Onsite kitchen with in-house cook providing fresh and nutritious meals and snacks
- Long daycare with minimal closures
- Nappies included
A creative, fun, intimate and caring environment
- Child led play-based philosophy
- Natural play areas
- Separate play areas for babies and older children
- Regular communication to parents with photos, through Storypark, so that special moments are recorded
Educational quality that exceeds national standards
- Quality and tenure of Educators
- Funded 4-year-old Kinder program
We value and nurture long term family relationships with siblings, cousins & friends!
- A family co-operative
- Diverse and close-knit community centre
- Community run centre that is not for profit
- Opportunity for parents to participate in many ways including through the committee
Crawl or walk towards the MELCC babies room where partnerships with families are highly valued to create a strong enviornment for growth!
The toddler room encourages children to become more independent and focuses on each unique child's strengths to have fun and grow!
3 Year Old Kinder
Our three year old kinder room focuses on a play-based learning approach, with focus on communication, agency, confidence and friendships!
4 Year Old Kinder
We support your child's growth and encourage structure in their day with increased responsibilities, preparing them for the prep transition.